Brian J. Clark has more than decade of experience working for media outlets in both Oregon and
Virginia. He began his career working for several television affiliates in Oregon as a reporter and videographer.
In 2006, Brian moved to Virginia to work at The Virginian-Pilot newspaper producing a wide variety of online videos, multimedia features and photographs. During his time at The Virginian-Pilot, Brian worked on freelance projects for both international non-profits and businesses. To see a collection of this work visit his portfolio.
In 2014, Brian moved back to Oregon to be closer to family and devote his career solely to freelance work.
- pre-production: story boarding, script writing
- field work: video production, interviewing, multi-camera, lighting, photography, aerial video/photography
- post production: video editing, audio editing, motion graphics, color correction, voicing
- software: Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe SpeedGrade, Adobe Audition, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro Studio, Final Cut Pro X
University of Oregon
- B.A. Journalism (Advanced Television News Emphasis)
- B.A. Italian
Universita’ di Stranieri Siena Italia (University for Foreigners, Siena Italy)
- Virginia Press Association, 1st Multimedia Sports Report
- Virginia Press Association: 2nd Online Video
- Associated Press: Virginia AP Photo of the Month
- Virginian-Pilot Pulitzer nominee: Team Project, A Chance in Hell
- Virginian-Pilot Pulitzer nominee: Photo, First Kiss
- Pictures of the Year International: 2nd Long Form Documentary
- Northern Short Course: 1st Team Multimedia
- Associated Press Sports Editors: Multimedia
- Virginia Press Association: 1st Multimedia News Report, 1st Online Video, 3rd Multimedia Sports Report, 3rd General News Photo
- Associated Press: Virginia AP Photo of the Month, National AP Photo of the Month
Virginia Press Association: 1st Multimedia News Reporting (staff) 2nd Online Video, 3rd Online Video
Virginia Press Association: 1st Multimedia News Report, 3rd Multimedia Feature Report